Meet Dr. Binner@headingTag>
Dr. Craig Binner, his patients refer to him as “ Dr. B” is a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine and Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner. He has had the honor of serving his patient's for the past 26 years. Twelve of the 26 have been here in Round Rock.
The seed that was planted to enter into chiropractic as his career occurred when he was when he was injured while freestyle skiing. It was then he was introduced to chiropractic as a patient. From that moment on, he started building the passion for assisting people to live an optimally healthy life.
While Dr. B was a chiropractic student, he had learned via his education that he training that he had Celiac's Disease which is an autoimmune condition. This was back in 1991 when very few in the general public really knew anything about Celiacs (Non-tropical Sprue Autoimmune Condition) as we do today. In order to deal with his challenge, he strived to learn how to treat his own condition via lifestyle modifications and nutritional therapy. In retrospect, he feels strongly that having Celiacs has been a blessing to him, as it allowed him to become a more compassionate, knowledgeable and clinically strong practitioner for his patient's.
Although Dr. B is an accomplished practitioner and loves and is devoted to his patients, his main focus is on his family and his faith. Dr B is blessed with his amazing wife and his wonderful teenage son. When he is not spending time with his family, he enjoys working out in his garage, taking long walks with his wife, going to car shows with his son, playing pool, traveling to any place with an ocean and palm tree's and reading. Dr. Binner is passionate about helping patient's live a healthier and vibrant life through holistic treatment methods. Binner Chiropractic and Functional Medicine practice is located within the Round Rock Health and Wellness Center.
Skills and Specialties@headingTag>
Dr. Binner has honed his skills via 26 years of education and ongoing education. Through safe , gentle effective chiropractic care, Dr. Binner focuses on numerous conditions, including spinal dysfunction (neck, mid-back, and lower back pain), spinal degeneration, sciatica, headaches and migraine syndromes, carpal tunnel syndrome, scoliosis as well as fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome. He also treats a number of other spine and hip related conditions.
In the realm of functional medicine, Dr. Binner assists patients in locating and treating the root cause of conditions involving thyroid dysfunction, IBS, leaky gut syndrome, adrenal/ HPA axis dysfunction, hormonal imbalances, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, and more. In other words, he does not treat the disease via symptomatic or pharmaceutical methods as he is not a medical doctor. His goal is to investigate the cause of the condition via an extensive history, various blood and functional testing. From there, once the causes of the imbalances are determined, he works hand in hand with the patient to bring the body back into balance through nutritional, herbal, detoxification, and lifestyle modification therapies. These therapies help correct the imbalances in the body so the body can heal itself. Dr. Binner works closely with his patients' primary care doctors as well as to make sure all medical conditions are co-managed as well.
Dr. Binner received his training at various institutions including Northwestern University of Health Sciences, Functional Medicine University, Kalish Institute and International Academy of Medical Acupuncture. With this being said, Dr. Binner knows that being the best doctor he can be involves constant learning. For this reason, he continually attends on going education to be informed of the latest research and techniques available to serves his patients.
Dr. Binner has specialized training and experienced in:
- Spinal Corrective Care and Core stabilization for both adults and children
- Advanced Functional Medicine and Nutritional Testing and Protocols
- Kalish Method Functional Medicine Protocol for Adrenal Fatigue, Gastrointestinal and Detoxification imbalances.
- Specialized training in addressing hormonal, detoxification and gastrointestinal imbalances via lifestyle and nutritional therapeutics.
- Gluten sensitivity and Celiac disorder testing and treatment
- Advanced Nutritional testing for both macro and micro nutrient imbalances
- Blood Chemistry Analysis
- Addressing Methylation deficiencies such as MTHFR and COMT
- Spinal Adjustment techniques of Diversified, Activator, Gonstead, Thompson and Neural Kinetic Integration.
- Advanced Lab testing for metabolic imbalances involving digestion, detoxification and hormonal imbalances
- Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Postural Correction Protocol
Education and Training@headingTag>
Dr. Binner received his undergraduate education at the University of Wisconsin and postgraduate education at Northwestern Health Sciences University in Bloomington, MN, where he received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree. He also completed additional training at the outpatient facility of Burnsville and St. Paul of Northwestern Health Sciences University. Dr. Binner then focused on expanding his education and training in the area of CHIROPRACTIC for adults and children, FUNCTIONAL WELLNESS, LIFESTYLE COACHING AND ACUPUNCTURE.
In 1999, he completed a Master’s Program at Logan Chiropractic College and earned the designation of Fellowship of International Academy of Medical Acupuncture (FIAMA) under the instruction of Dr. John A. Amaro D.C., FIAMA Dipl.Ac. The following year, he gained the designation of Diplomate of International Academy of Medical Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac.), and in 2001 he received his Activator Methods Certification. Later in 2003, he studied Nerve Conduction and Evoked Potential Testing and Training with Roger Nelson, M.D. at Staten Island University, NY. As he has always been very active in activities such as skiing, tennis, Krav Maga and working out, he wanted to offer athletes the care they deserve so he obtained his training to become a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician in 2007.
Dr. Binner has always guided his patient's in incorporating healthy lifestyles. As to enhance his ability to coach and identify the underlying causes but not the disease of his patients that were suffering from hormonal balance, adrenal fatigue, thyroid imbalances, gastrointestinal dysfunction, he trained to be a Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner as well as a Kalish Method Practitioner. As his desire to always improve never stops, he studied under Dr. Dicken Weatherby in the area of Blood Chemistry Analysis.
In 1991, Dr. Binner initiated his own practice in Hampton Roads, VA, and opened his second practice in 1995. Through community involvement and word of mouth referrals, he developed the largest practice in town within 6 months. In 2005 he decided to relocate his family to the warmer and vitality based city of Austin, TX and initiated Binner Chiropractic and Wellness Center (Innate Inc.) at Round Rock Health and Wellness.
- Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner
- Advanced Functional Medicine training from Functional Medicine University
- Kalish Method Practitioner with Special Focus on Adrenal Fatigue and Gastrointestinal Imbalances
- Blood Chemistry Analysis From Blood Chemistry University
- Acupuncture Certification NWCC from International Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Thompson Adjustment Technique Practitioner Certification, 1990
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Parts 1 – 3, 1991
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Part 4 in 1999
- Motion Palpation and Procedures, 1991
- Manipulation Under Anesthesia (Dr. Gordon), 1993
- Professional Witness in the State of Virginia, 1995
- Institute of San Diego Program of Spine Research Whiplash, 1995
- National Board of Chiropractic Examiners Part 4, 1996
Leadership and Recognition@headingTag>
Dr. Binner is a well-known Lecturer on the following subject matters:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Gastrointestinal Imbalances
- LifeStyle Medicine
- Cause of Thyroid Imbalance
- Celiacs and Gluten Sensitivity
- Functional Blood Chemistry and Urine Analysis
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Detoxification Methodologies
- Lifestyle Enhancement and Modification
- Management of Chronic Inflammation
- Lifestyle Modification for Metabolic Syndrome
- Tempromandibular Dysfunction and Treatment
- Management and Treatment of various root causes of Migraines and Headaches
- Nutritional Therapy for Type 2 Diabetes
- Management of Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyalgia via Conservative Care
- Management of Allergies and Food Toxicity
- Management of Plantar Fasciitis and Home Care
- Nutritional Modification and Protocol for Diabetics
- Optimal Nutrition for Children
- Backpack Awareness and Safety
- Scoliosis Evaluation and Management
- Inter vertebral Disc Injury and Prevention
- Primal/Paleo Lifestyle Incorporation
Dr. Binner resides in Austin, TX where he practices what he preaches. He lives an action filled healthy, holistic lifestyle so he can stay stay optimally vital as to best serve his family, patients, community and to respect the gift of health he has been blessed with by his maker.
Even though it is very high priority to assist and guide his patient's in achieving optimal health and vitality, Dr. Binner is most passionate about his family. His greatest calling is to be the best husband and father he can be. For this reason, when he is not at the clinic, he is spending quality time with his amazing wife and teenage son. They love going on family vacations together and spending time in the beautiful hill country of Austin. He is also very close with his church group and strives to lead a Christ-centered life. He and his family love being involved with their local community.
Dr. Binner is so passionate about living life to the fullest. He believes that age is just a number, and is even more active and fit in his recreational activities at 51, than he was at 20. Some of his favorite activities are cycling, taking long walks with his wife, functional weight training, Krav Maga, organic gardening, boating and going to car shows with his son. He also enjoys an occasional game of ping pong or billiards with his close friends.